The INTERAC® Online payment option allows your customers to pay for goods and services
online - directly from their bank accounts. Today, Canadians coast to coast associate the INTERAC®
brand with leading electronic payment services that are trusted, secure and reliable.
The benefits of the INTERAC® Online service
Attracts Canadian debit users who:
- Are among millions of Canadians who choose debit over credit every day
- Are unable or unwilling to obtain credit cards (e.g. youth)
- Don't want to share financial information (such as card numbers) with merchants
Higher conversion rates at checkout:
- Consumers have an additional payment option, resulting in increased sales.
- Any consumer who uses online banking at any of these financial institutions can use the INTERAC®
Online service. That represents about 9.5 million Canadians today, and that number is rapidly increasing.
- Hundreds of merchants already are taking advantage of the INTERAC® Online processing. Click here for
some of the top participating merchants currently using Interc Online service.
Who uses INTERAC® Payment?
- 24 Million Canadians already use Interac Direct Payment
- 87% of cardholders have used INTERAC® Direct Payment to make a purchase
- 73% of people who bank and shop online want debit online
- 74% of Canadians prefer to use their own money - not credit
INTERAC® Payment is used most by:
- 55% of Canadians aged 18-24
- 55% of Canadians aged 25-34
- 60% of Canadians aged 35-44
- 50% of Canadians aged 45-54
- 40% of Canadians aged 55-64
Women still outpace men in preference for INTERAC® Payment
- 54% of women prefer to pay for goods and services with IDP
- 41% of men use IDP as their preferred method of payment
When you offer INTERAC® Online services, you provide Canadians with a convenient payment option that's
being used more and more every minute.
You also join thousands of other online merchants who are providing a safe and secure electronic payment
system for debit cardholders.
Visit Interac Website